I happened to be staying in Pernand-Vergelesses in early September 2015 and can recall just how much everyone was smiling during the harvest - always a good sign!
The hot, dry summer gave a really healthy crop of fully ripe grapes that have resulted in rich, concentrated wines of immense charm and promise. The warmth suited the black grapes better, producing intense flavours, high quality, fully ripe tannins and retaining acidities sufficient to balance their opulence. Whilst for the chardonnay there was the potential threat of high alcohol levels and a lack of acidity, those we have selected, espe-cially those with cooler vineyard sites, have done incredibly well.
Tasting through the vintage I am thrilled that my earlier hopes have been completely real-ised and all those smiling pickers knew what they were getting involved with. These 2015s remind me of a combination of 2005, with it's perfect structures, sensational complexities and the sublimely ripe, generously opulent and luscious 2009's.
So, I'm going out on a limb here, by saying I believe these are best examples to have come from Burgundy in the past 20 years!
The wines selected in this offer will deliver in spades, with a combination of sensational early drinking whites and a split between some cellar worthy reds and some that will be delicious to drink, even as early as this summer.
As for price, there's no denying they are not cheap because stocks are limited, demand is very high and the exchange rate is not helping. Yet despite these factors, this vintage represents sensational value for money and on the top levels, a very good investment too. To allow you to enjoy a wider range of wines many are now offered as 6-packs.
Please call myself and my team to discuss the wines in further detail and to place your orders.
- Earlyish drinking but simply delicious
- Domaine Jean-Marc Pillot - for rich lush whites - Page 2
- Domaine Yves Boyer Martenot - Outstanding, rich, complex Meursault - Page 10
- Domaine Saumaize-Michelin - some of the best Macon I have tasted - rich, concentrated but very well balanced - Page 13
- Go long, these are epic!
- Domaine de la Ferte - Excellent fruity Givry - Page 14
- Chateau de Chamirey - very impressive Mercurey - Page 15
- Domaine de Perdrix - big, rich styles - Page 22
- Domaine Daniel Rion - sensational aromatics - Page 23
- Domaine Bertrand Ambroise - big, rich, full and concentrated but lush structures - the Corton is Epic! Page 24
- Domaine Heresztyn-Mazzini - a new super star for Gevrey - loved the wines - Biodynamic in all but certificate - Page 29
You can find all of these wonderful wines in our special brochure firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of our PDF
Stocks are of course pretty finite, so please let me know soonest what you would like.
Alternatively, if you give me a few pointers (style, preferences & budget), I can put together a balanced suggestion?